Spring cleaning a bedroom
- Why do they call it Spring cleaning?
- When is the best time to Spring clean?
- What is the best way to Spring clean?
- Is it a good idea to make a checklist?
- Does Spring cleaning make you feel better?
- When is spring cleaning day / national cleaning day?
- What is the average cost of Spring cleaning?
- What needs Spring cleaning in the bedroom?
- How do I keep my mattress looking it's best?
- Is Spring cleaning eco-friendly?
In spring in older times, when the weather started to get warmer, women could be found beating the carpets outside to get rid of the dust and grime, windows would be cleaned and the soot wiped and cleaned away in the home. Again, a similar 'spring clean' tradition like we have today.
Objectively, you should start spring cleaning when you can clear out a solid day or two in your schedule to devote to the task. For many, this may be the weekend. Keep the weekend or your day clear and dedicate it to giving your home the love and care it deserves so it can love and care for you. A bedroom makeover is also a good idea at this time of year to freshen up your sleep space.
Start with tasks that apply to all rooms, then hit each room one-by-one for more specific cleaning.
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Clean windowsills and window tracks
- Vacuum curtains and window blinds
- Wipe down skirting boards and dust corners for cobwebs
- Test batteries in all your smoke detectors
- Disinfect doorknobs, cabinet handles and light switches
It’s good to give everywhere a deep clean even though it’s hard work.
It can help keep you on track if you make a list, and you can feel good by ticking it off.
Any form of cleaning can help lift your mood and give you a sense of accomplishment. Having a declutter helps give you a clear mind.
National Spring cleaning day is 20th March and usually around this time is when people start their annual big clean.
Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be expensive and there are plenty of tips out there to help. You can even use products you should find in your kitchen cupboards to save on buying expensive cleaning items!
All furniture should have a dust and clean, skirting boards and windows. Maybe your mattress could do with an airing or hoover and perhaps a new bed or some bedding to brighten up the room would be a good idea.
You could invest in a mattress protector to enhance the life on your mattress. You could look at getting a new one if you are waking up with aches and pains. We can help with that!
Spring cleaning can be eco-friendly, there are definitely lots of eco-friendly products on the market to help.